How to Apply PAN Application Online
Let us see step wise details for online application of PAN.
The steps involved in online application of PAN are as follows:
– Visit the site www.tin-nsdl.com.
– The following screen will appear. Click on Online PAN Application.
Income Tax E-filing Return
Process of Filing Rectification Return
Common Errors in Filing Rectification Return
Common Mistakes in E-filling of Income Tax Return (ITR)
– The drop down menu will appear as follows.
Click on “New PAN-Indian Citizen (Form 49A)
” if the entity applying for PAN is an Indian Citizen or if the entity is not an Indian Citizen click on “New PAN-Foreign Citizen (Form 49AA)
– The Form will appear. Fill all the details and submit the form. A 15digit acknowledgement number will appear.
– Record the acknowledgement number which will be further useful in knowing the status of the PAN Card.
– Take out the printout of Form.
– Paste a passport sized photo on the place specified in the form.
– Self attest the photo with no marks on your face and also make your signature on the place given in the form.
– Attach one identity proof and a residence proof.
– Be aware that the name and address filled in the application form must match the name and address in the identity proof and address proof respectively.
– In case the communication address provided by you in the application form is within India, you have to make a payment of a minor amount of Rs.96 per application. The amount is bifurcated as:
+ Service Tax @ 12.36% Rs.11
– In case the communication address provided by you in the application form is outside India, you have to make a payment of Rs. 962 per application. The amount is bifurcated as follows:
+ Dispatch Charges Rs.771 + Service Tax @ 12.36% Rs.106
– Such payment is allowable through Demand Draft, Cheque, Internet Banking, Credit and Debit Card.
– In case the payment is made through Internet Banking, Credit or Debit card; instant payment is to be made along with submission of application form. On making such payment you will receive a payment acknowledgement. You are supposed to take print out of such acknowledgement and attach it along with the PAN application form.
– In case the payment is made through a Bank Draft, it should be in the favor of “NSDL – PAN”, and should be payable at Mumbai.
– In case the payment is made through a Cheque, it should be in the favor of “NSDL-PAN”. The applicant has to deposit such cheque at any HDFC Branch in India.
– In case the payment is made by Internet Banking, the applicant has to bear an extra Rs.4 plus Service Charges in addition to normal rate.
Sending the Form:
– Once the above all procedure is completed, the applicant has to send the Form, proofs and payment acknowledgement (If any).
– The documents are to be wrapped in the envelope bearing the superscribe “Application For PAN – Acknowledgement Number”. For example if your acknowledgement number is 112233445566778, you have to superscribe your envelope as “Application For PAN – 112233445566778”,
– The document are to be sent by envelope at the following address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No.341, Survey No. 997/8,
Nr. Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016.
Other Important Information:
– The applicant has to send the application form and other documents to the above address within 15 days from the date of submitting the application form online.
– If the payment mode is by way of cheque or demand draft, the application will be processed after the payment is realized.